Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Your words still echo in my mind




The first time I went to Soulfest was in July of 2007 and I saw so many bands that I do not remember the names of. There were a few bands that really stuck with me and one of those Bands was Before Their Eyes. This was the band that got me into likeing screamo music. Before Their Eyes is mostly all clean vocals, but they do have a small amount of screaming in their songs. They put on an amazing show because they were so full of energy and were just jumping around on the stage for an hour straight. Also after the show was over my friend and I were at their merchandise table and while we were standing the bassist (who at the time was Brandon Howard) came up to us to ask how we liked the show because he saw us up front! It was my first experiance meeting someone from a band and not only was he from a band he was incredibly good looking, so I froze. My friend on the other hand got so nervous that she ran away, so I never really was able to talk to him!

Before Their Eyes is catagorized as "post-hardcore" and they are from Ohio. I am not sure when they were formed, but their first album came out in 2007. The band currently consists of Jarret Hottman on drums, Anothony Damschroder on bass guitar and backing vocals, James Arnold on keyboard and lead vocals, Jordan Disorbo on guitar, and Evan McKeever on guitar and backing vocals. An interesting fact about Before Their Eyes is that they got their band name from Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

The title of this blog is a lyric from the song Why Is 6 Afraid of 7 which is one of my favorite songs not only by them, but in general. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment