Friday, September 17, 2010

We Will Become A Happy Ending


There is this band called Page France who has always interested me. They have a different sound and they were really the band that made me expand my music interests. They are classified as an American Indie-Folk band that was first started around 2004, when their first CD came out. They have produced five albums between the years of 2004 and 2007. Page France has consisted of many different members since 2004, but the band has included Clinton Jones, BJ Lewis, Bryan Martin, Whitney McGraw, Chris Morris, Michael Nau, Jasen Reeder, Matt Smith, and David Tracy. The band split up in 2008 when band leader Michael Nau wanted to focus full time on his other band Cotton Jones.

What interests me so much about this band is that they have not come out and declared themselves as Christian artists, but they love to talk about God. I found a quote by the lead singer saying "As for the Christian symbols in my writing - sometimes I don’t even realize that they exist until someone points them out to me. There’s really no reason; it just rolled out that way." I think that is so cool because he has not declared himself as Christian, but there is obviously something moving in his heart for God because of the lyrics he writes.

The video I included is my favorite song by Page France and the the title to this post is a lyric from this song. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah-i love your blog in general but i especially like this post. I am ALWAYS trying to find good indie bands, and you have provided me a way to do that. I really like how you know that they aren't a christian band, but have 'christian' lyrics. The quote you included from the singer was even better. Love it!

    ReplyDelete